5 Great Reasons to Visit Montfair Resort Farm Now
With the upcoming shift in seasons, there is no better time than NOW to visit Montfair Resort Farm. With the cooler temperatures, exploring this beautiful, natural setting is at its peak of enjoyment. Here are my top 5 incentives for you to ponder:
1) Nature and “Forest Bathing” – Montfair’s cottages are nestled in the woods, so what better way to “forest bathe” than to simply spend some quiet time on your cottage’s front porch. Montfair also offers 129 acres to explore and recharge your senses. To discover the health benefits of Forest Bathing (or simply spending time in nature) please visit Slow Living or Joseph Cornell’s Sharing Nature Worldwide Blog, which includes a downloadable Forest Bathing activity sheet. Montfair’s 1 ½ mile nature trail presents the perfect setting, so come and recharge!
2) Fishing – Montfair offers three separate fishing areas on property and all are stocked with Big Mouth Bass and Blue Gill. The best news? No fishing license is required as Montfair is privately owned. According to Montfair’s staff fisherman, Scott Roberts, mid-September is the best season to fish as bigger fish are coming up from the deeper levels of the lake to enjoy and feed in the cooler water temperatures. Guests are currently catching 3-6 pound Big Mouth Bass, so bring your poles!
3) Birding – Calling all birding enthusiasts! With the quiet and serenity of Montfair, enjoy the calls of the wild. Along with our usual backyard residents; Cardinals, Finches, Wood Thrushes, Woodpeckers, Hummingbirds, etc…, we have recently been enjoying a profusion of Great Blue Herons, Great Egrets, Cuckoos, Belted Kingfishers, wild Turkeys, Hawks, Falcons and Bald Eagles! For a great resource, visit the Prince William Conservation Alliance website.
4) Hiking – Montfair is nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains with hiking trails aplenty. This area boasts some of the most beautiful trails all within a stone’s throw from your cottage. Beginners can enjoy Montfair’s 1 ½ mile Nature Trail while more experienced hikers can venture up to the Shenandoah National Park via fire trails less than a mile from the Resort. We are close to Mint Springs, Patricia Ann Byrom Forest Preserve and Sugar Hollow which offer trails that appeal to everyone’s level.
5) Wineries & Breweries – After spending your day recharging and enjoying nature, venture to one of Crozet’s local wineries and/or breweries and sample some of our local award winning beverages. There are over a dozen wineries, breweries and distilleries within a 20 minute radius of Montfair Resort Farm. With harvesting season around the corner, many offer extended hours, music, amazing food trucks and beautiful venues to sit and enjoy the sunset. All are family friendly and many are pet friendly as well! Visit the Monticello Wine Trail site to view the many wineries in this area.
I hope that you are now excited to visit us in the most beautiful part of the country. Treat yourself and your family to some downtime in nature, where you can unplug and recharge and simply do your own thing. Montfair Resort Farm – Nature, Comfort, Simplicity.